- Annual well-women visit (including mammograms and colonoscopies)
- Screening for gestational diabetes
- Testing for HPV
- Counseling for STDs
- Counseling and screening for HIV
- Contraceptive methods and counseling
- Breastfeeding support, supplies and counseling
Monday, January 16, 2017
What's Next for Women's Health Services?
The recent presidential debates and presidential election have sparked debates nationwide on the future of Obamacare. This post does not reflect my political views or designed to address them, but instead highlight the Obamacare changes I have seen enacted into everyday medical practice. Since August 2012, one overarching theme persists throughout medical offices in the Philadelphia area: preventive women’s health service. Listed below are the preventive services provided to women under Obamacare.
Although the fate of Obamacare remains unknown, the healthcare message should remain the same: Affordable Access to Preventive Services for Women.
Mary Sims DUCOM 2017